Please Note

All images of my art work are subject to copyright. Please do not reproduce these images unless specific permission has been given.

Saturday 11 December 2010

Prompt: 11 Things (Reverb 10)


Prompt: 11 Things. What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?
 
11 things my life doesn’t need in 2011. In no particular order I guess it would be:
 
1)   ‘Should's’
2)   ‘Should Not's’
3)   A lack of cash
4)   Illness
5)   Sadness
6)   A crappy car
7)   14 hour work days
8)   Sarcastic know it alls
9)   Predictability
10) Monotony
11) Singledome
 
How will I eliminate all of these things? Good question, I think for most of us that’s a life project rather than one to be undertaken in a year.
 
New Year’s resolutions won’t cut it they always get forgotten two weeks in. I guess it will have to come down to a promise to myself that i will:
 
Take positive action
Have faith (and hope)
Fill my life with only positive, good people
Say ‘No’ and establish boundaries that work for me
Say ‘Yes’ to adventure and new experiences
Stick to a budget (Lord help me)
Winning the lottery 
Eating some vegetables (just enough to keep scurvy at bay)

Sticking to it will be difficult as there's always a default way of thinking, routine and of course all those expectations from the people and structures around us. Maybe that's the real challenge, to step outside and stay outside the climbing frame.

1 comment:

Kathryn Dyche said...

Wow you rocked this one, I've been struggling with it.