Please Note

All images of my art work are subject to copyright. Please do not reproduce these images unless specific permission has been given.

Saturday 22 January 2011

The fresh start

So today has been about 'the fresh start'.

I spend quite a lot of time at my computer but the space hasn't been working for me because of a lack of suitable furniture (and the lack of funds to buy replacements). Today, with a fresh start in mind, i tried to work with what i have by taking a fresh look at things. I'm quite pleased with the finished result even if it doesn't look all that conventional!

My dresser/ computer table no longer doubles as clothes storage, giving me a better table on which to work. I basically turned the top two drawers upside down to give myself a keyboard rest, took off the mirror stand so the computer could sit properly on top and disposed of the bottom draw to give myself a storage shelf.....





My 'Happy Thoughts' skull (a beloved gift) takes it's rightful place by my side.

With the new layout i'm optimistic that my time spent here at the computer will be a great deal more productive and satisfying.

I also got round to hanging some paintings that needed wall space.


I still have a lot more sorting and organising to do before i feel i've made that a completely fresh start but each task done is a task less to do and a step closer to the goal.


1 comment:

Kathryn Dyche said...

Wow it's looking great, genious idea about the desk solution.