Please Note

All images of my art work are subject to copyright. Please do not reproduce these images unless specific permission has been given.

Sunday 22 September 2013

My own private gateway to hell.........sometimes!

Over the last 10 months I have been committing myself to getting fit - not something that comes easily to me given I would rather be scoffing a bag of sweets and lounging on the sofa.

I am lucky enough to have a personal trainer at a local MMA club, The Phoenix, whose patience has seen me go from asthmatic pit pony to someone who can do a reasonably tough work out (and yes i do bitch the whole way through - like I said it doesn't come easy!).

There are a couple of reasons I've stuck at it this time round, firstly I found someone who could train me in a way that built up enough trust for me to really engage in the sport. Secondly the guys (and girls) at the Phoenix are genuinely passionate about their sport and that makes it a pleasure to be in their space.

So this is where I get pounded and dropped on my ass 2/ 3 times a week



Today's challenge From 'M' - 10 exercises, 10 sets of 10 reps on each one (in any combination). If you can do your Math you'll have calculated that's a 1000 reps with the added bonus of running round the matting at random intervals. 

After yesterday's Kickboxing and Abs class I made it to 950 before i needed some serious pushing to get through the last 50. 




On the plus side - I did get to reward myself with these puppies for all my hard work. 



What's your sport of choice?

1 comment:

Kathryn Dyche said...

Nice new kicks. Fun to see where you workout.