Please Note

All images of my art work are subject to copyright. Please do not reproduce these images unless specific permission has been given.

Tuesday 12 July 2011

Part Three - Getting Inspired

Cycling along the sea front, watching these kite boarders gave me pause for thought. I don't know if I'll ever be brave enough to try this as a water sport (knowing my luck i would be blown out to sea) but i fully intend to get a few sessions booked on a jet ski



and if you're not the energetic type you can always hope on the train that takes you from one end of the coast line to the other.





Wearing my By Malene Birger dress that got a stare factor of 6 (i now rate clothes by stare factor)


One of the main reasons I'm so excited about the move down to Bournemouth is to do with my art. I can't wait to start creating pieces inspired by all the natural beauty and vibrant youth of the City.

As a thank you to Claire for having me stay i decided to gift a hand painted bowl, it was such fun. I managed to spend a good couple of hours in 'All fired Up'




As well as all the walking, cycling, pub quizzing, eating out, job hunting, flat hunting and coffee drinking we also had some time to walk around great shops like these. 




and i thought this was just the cutest terracotta pot man I've seen in a long time


My beloved Danni Beck shoes that prompted a 'great shoes' comment from a local resident of Winton.


As well as painting, we got crafty with the sewing machine, all in aid of a fancy dress birthday celebration.


Say hello to the faux bride and the tutu bootastic ballerina! Stare Factor 10!



Hilarious evening had by all!

The next night was slightly more civilised with a dinner in Charminster. Check out my profiteroles :-)



And finally, here's what my hand painted bowl effort looked like after is got back from being glazed.

1 comment:

Kathryn Dyche said...

Love the handpainted bowl, it's gorgeous. The terracotta man made me smile. Looks like you're going to be inspired by your move to Bournemouth, bet you can't wait to move into your new digs down there. Wishing lots of wonderful things for you. x