Please Note

All images of my art work are subject to copyright. Please do not reproduce these images unless specific permission has been given.

Wednesday 8 June 2011

To Rome or not to Rome..... that is the question

So i'm currently debating a September holiday to Rome. It's one of those cities that i have always wanted to visit because of the architecture, history and of course the atmosphere (who doesn't love the Rome depicted in the old black and white movies).

I have never managed to get myself organised enough to book a trip but with all the recent changes in my life i'm starting to think i should make a concerted effort to get over there. This is the year for positive action after all, or at least that's what my horoscope keeps telling me.

(Image courtesy of Skvots.net)

I can't help but drool at the thought of all the photo opportunities, from the Vatican and St Peter's Basilica to the Trevi Fountain and the Catacombs.


(Images courtesy of rome.info)

Then there's the fashion and street style. I can people watch for hours and something tells me i wouldn't be disappointed with the characters that would cross my path.

I'm not sure i could be this glamorous but i could give it a good go!

(Image courtesy of Chictopia.com)

(Image courtesy of Fabio Derby's Photostream. Flickr)

With all this bumbling around my head i couldn't help but snap up these sandals. They just seemed to scream 'Whilst in Rome' right at me when i passed the shop window. Now i know i shouldn't be spending money on such fripperies at the moment but after the 18 months i've just had i'm not going to give myself too hard a time. Hopefully these little gems will carry me through the cobbled streets and i'll be reporting back on a holiday i was glad not to miss.





(Sandals from River Island)









2 comments:

Kathryn Dyche said...

Cute sandals, very romanesque. I say if you can afford it, go for it.

Love at First Blush said...

Ooo.. Love those sandals of yours! I wish River Island could pop up a store in Canada.

Your answer to your Rome questions is you should definitely go!!