Please Note

All images of my art work are subject to copyright. Please do not reproduce these images unless specific permission has been given.

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Art and Emotion

I think most artists would agree that their best work usually comes at times of heightened emotion, i know mine certainly does. There are times when i can't get the paint or ink on the canvas quick enough to release whatever emotion assails me. Sometimes the images are happy and celebrate a feeling of freedom, recently the images have come from a darker, retrospective place.

When i was in Bournemouth recently i came across a wall of tiles to commemorate the lives of people lost to Aids in Dorset. I thought some of the paintings represented on the tiles were incredibly powerful and beautiful








Whatever the reason or motivation that causes someone to produce a piece of work, art to me is as necessary as breathing.

1 comment:

Kathryn Dyche said...

Wow those tiles are a neat project. I know exactly what you mean about art being a conduit for emotions.