Please Note

All images of my art work are subject to copyright. Please do not reproduce these images unless specific permission has been given.

Monday 28 February 2011

Customer Service does still exist (in Oxford at least)

Does the thought of shopping have you jumping for joy?


Do you like to rummage in vintage, antique or charity shops? Or is high end more your thing?




Do you find yourself looking for something specific?


Or something really special and unique?


Do window displays pull you in or turn you away?


Do you travel by car, bicycle or on foot?






Or does the thought of braving the shops make you feel gloomy and grey against the background of colour and hustle?


I don't have a problem with shopping (in fact I'm very good at it - I'm in therapy so I'll break that habit eventually), but i do have a problem with bad customer service. Recently i experienced appalling customer service which left me feeling worse than grumpy. If a company is prepared to take my money surely they can manage a few of the more basic societal manners - apparently not. Needless to say the order was cancelled and i will not be having any further dealings with them. 

So, the incident got me thinking about good customer service, especially in Oxford my home City.

I have to say the staff in Whistles excel at customer service. They are consistently friendly and helpful and more importantly sincere (and yes I would like to work there). If you get a chance, pop in. They'll help you if you need guidance on a specific outfit, they'll even track down items for you if they aren't carrying the size or item you're after. There's also 20% off at the moment (until 1st May so be quick - online discount code isWHG20SS11) which makes some items a bit more affordable.

Most lusted after items from the current season are

Claudine Crepe Waterfall Jacket

 Vanda Cashmere Cardigan
Sandra Stripe Dress

 Echo Soft Raglan Shirt

Love Print Skirt



1 comment:

Kathryn Dyche said...

Loved the tour around Oxford . . . I miss it. Bad customer service always leaves you with a horrible feeling but when it's good it has that ability to lift you up and put a spring in your step.